Monday, April 9, 2012

Mr. Intern

So I've known about this for a while now,
but didn't want to blog about it until everything was set in stone.
I finally got my first internship!
This summer, I'll be working as the public relations intern
for an awesome new company called...
It's a new internet start-up
based in Salt Lake City that
allows users to review concerts
and covers live music events.

Music + PR?
It couldn't be a more perfect internship for yours truly.

All summer long, I'll be working on the social media
content development, writing press releases
and going to shows and events to promote the company.

The first big thing I get to do for this internship
is go to COACHELLA the weekend after finals!
Yes, the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival
in Indio, California.
I am out. of. my. mind. excited about it.
 So many amazing artists I love,
and lots I'm not familiar with, as well.

I'm personally MOST excited to see:
Florence + the Machine
My freaking idol. I might just die.
Grace Potter and the Nocturnals
First Aid Kit
GIVERS
Childish Gambino
aka Troy from Community
Feist
Grouplove

And I'm also looking forward to huge names like:
Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg
(Not exactly my cup of tea, but c'mon,
it's Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg...)
Radiohead
Bon Iver
The Black Keys
David Guetta
Arctic Monkeys
The Shins

It's going to be insane.
And that's just the beginning.
I feel so lucky and grateful to be spending the summer
doing PR in an industry I am so insanely passionate about.
Here's to an amazing four months!

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Glenn! I'm so jealous. CONGRATULATIONS!!! You'll have a blast! Good luck!

Meredith said...

Every one says you should do what you're passionate about. You are so lucky to have found an internship you love! Work should be fun sometimes too.