Sunday, January 22, 2012

Life as a PR Major

So, I never made any sort of big announcement on here
but back in October, I finally got a letter saying I'd been 
accepted into the BYU Public Relations Program.

Then I had to wait 2.5 excruciatingly long months
but I finally started the program this semester.
I know it's only been 2 weeks but
I can't say enough how much I'm loving my program so far.

While it's not as widely-known around campus
as some other majors, BYU has one of the
top PR programs in the country.
I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to
learn from such incredible faculty,
who literally wrote the book on public relations.
(I'm not kidding, some of our textbooks were written
by BYU professors and are used in PR programs
all over the country...)

This semester I'm taking four classes:
Strategic Communications Planning
(aka PR Campaigns and Case Studies)
Communications Law
Pop Culture and Media
Marketing Management

While I've already spent more days than I can count
writing papers, putting together campaigns, and
being buried under mountains of reading and homework,
I'm learning so much every day and
get even more excited about working in PR.

I know it sounds cheesy, but it's just such a great feeling to 
have found that place where you 'fit', 
where everything just sort of clicks
and you know you're exactly where you're supposed to be...

Basically, I love my major.
Life is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

loving your major is the beeeeestttt.

-brittany molina