Saturday, December 10, 2011

90's Child

Last weekend was - as most weekends days tend to be - out-of-control busy.
With the semester quickly winding to a close, my friends and I seem to have
taken up permanent residence in the library.
(3rd floor. Snack zone. Feel free to come say hi.)
So by the time the weekend rolled around, we were ready to hit the town.
The perfect solution was to hit up the 90's dance party at the apartment complex down the street.
Of course we had to go all out and raided our closets to dig out
the best 90's clothes we could find.
As you can tell from the picture at the top of this post,
we basically looked like the cast of Saved By The Bell.
My favorite part of my outfit was definitely my neon pink MC Hammer pants.
If I could rock those pants every single day, I totally would...
We eventually got to the party and spent hours rocking out
to everything from old school NSYNC, Britney, and BSB
 to Blink-182, MC Hammer and Sir Mix-a-Lot.
The party was the funnest thing I've done in a long time
and we all left asking the same question:
Why did we ever stop listening to this music?
I've been on a serious 90's kick ever since.
The other highlight of the weekend was a quick trip to Salt Lake.
I've always loved Temple Square during Christmas 
and it had been years since I'd been there,
so it seemed like the perfect place and time for a double date.
First, Emily and I met Christopher and Nancy for dinner here:

And then it was on to here:
Photo via lds.org
We took so long enjoying dinner that by the time we got
to Temple Square, the lights were only on for about 15 more minutes. 
But despite the time limit (and the FREEZING cold)
we made the best of it and had a great time.  
I love this time of year and being able to visit Temple Square
made me feel especially grateful to live close to so many temples.
Now, with one week left of the semester,
it's on to finals and then Christmas break!

1 comment:

brittany.molina said...

i love your blog. and you.