Friday, September 2, 2011

What I Learned in School This Week

The first week of school is officially over.
My class schedule this semester is pretty diverse.
I'm taking:
Book of Mormon
Doctrine & Covenants
Principles of Accounting
American Heritage (finally...)
Intro to Archaeology

I know, random. 
But with it being my "dead semester" while I apply to my program, 
I don't have any Communications classes to take.

It's led to some pretty diverse tidbits of knowledge 
being stored in my brain over the past 5 days
such as:

Processual vs. Post-processual archaeological theory
Korihor's epistemologies
Managerial accounting vs. financial accounting
How to read balance sheets,  income statements, and cash flow statements
The definitions of retained earnings, accrued liabilities and accounts receivable/payable
How to best find a balance in the Human Predicament:
Libertarianism, Classical Republicanism, Autocracy or Liberalism

And it's only the first week. 
It's going to be an interesting semester...

1 comment:

Alex said...

Who are you taking archaeology from?!