Wednesday, December 17, 2008

First Baptism

Ok wow so much has happened this week I'll have to type
fast. The biggest news is that WE HAD OUR FIRST BAPTISM on
Saturday. Ashley got baptized!!! It was so amazing. I got to
be a witness, say the closing prayer, and be in her
confirmation circle. It was such a good weekend. Oh and
also, Sean left for Korea on Sat. which was sad but we
taught him every single day last week before he left and I
committed him to baptism. He said he would find the
missionaries as soon as he got to Korea. It has been such an
amazing experience to see him become truly converted to the
gospel. And in such a short amount of time too! He was so
ready to hear the gospel, all we had to do was find him.

Well, as I'm sure you're all wondering, it just
keeps getting colder. Today it is -27 with wind chill.
I'm not gonna lie I am freezing every single minute of
every single day. But I'm still alive haha. Basically, I
wear my thermal garments, regular thermals, slacks, shirt,
tie, sweater, coat, hat gloves and a scarf every day.
It's a challenge because I'm starting to look like
Randy from A Christmas Story "I can't put my arms
down!" hahaha. Speaking of scarves, Mom could you send
me all the scarves I didn't bring, because I can wear
them. They don't have to be solid colors. Gramma I got
your package! Thank you thank you thank you! I think my
companion was a bit jealous ha. The stocking is amazing. I
love it. And I totally lost it when I saw the back of it.
But hey, I lasted a month without crying so that's
pretty good right? In other news, (and I think this is a
little bit of a secret) President Rhodes has asked Elder
Tengelsen to start my "district leader training".
So I get to run the district meeting tomorrow and hes
teaching me how to do all of it.
One fun thing that happened this week was we got to do
exchanges with the zone leaders - Elder Kipp and Elder
McCarty. Elder Kipp served in Ft. Sascatchewan for like 9
months so he knows Brent, and Elder McCarty is from
Kaysville so he knows Abe's whole family! It was really
neat. Oh and also, Elder Kipp is from Sparks. Crazy right?
SO I went with Elder McCarty and we talked to this woman and
she said she was "born again Christian, going straight
to heaven and all that." When we asked her if we could
teach her she said "No you cant." And then as like
an aside she said " You Mormons are a false cult you
are." To which Elder McCarty responded "Well
ma'am that's not a very nice thing to say." It
totally stopped her dead in her tracks and made her look so
rude ha. She just walked into her house without a word. Kill
em with kindness right?

Well I think that's pretty much it. Oh except Mom and
Dad you can totally email me pictures because I can open
them and print them off on the library comps we use. If you
could send me a bunch of fam pictures, esp the ones we took
at the temple of all of us that would be great.

I LOVE YOU!!!!

Elder Rowleyrty is from Kaysville so he knows Abe's
whole family! It was really neat. Oh and also, Elder Kipp is
from Sparks. Crazy right? SO I went with Elder McCarty and
we talked to this woman and she said she was "born
again Christian, going straight to heaven and all
that." When we asked her if we could teach her she said
"No you cant." And then as like an aside she said
" You Mormons are a false cult you are." To which
Elder McCarty responded "Well ma'am that's not
a very nice thing to say." It totally stopped her dead
in her tracks and made her look so rude ha. She just walked
into her house without a word. Kill em with kindness right?

Well I think that's pretty much it. Oh except Mom and
Dad you can totally email me pictures because I can open
them and print them off on the library comps we use. If you
could send me a bunch of fam pictures, esp the ones we took
at the temple of all of us that would be great.

I

No comments: