Monday, July 7, 2008

Mamma Mia!


I am so freaking excited for this movie. It's kind of pathetic. But if unless you are related to me, you probably don't know that I was literally RAISED on ABBA (+ Beach Boys + early 90's country). I have countless fun memories of dancing around to ABBA on Gramma and Papa's 8-track (yes 8-track) every Sunday afternoon with Adrienne and Alex. We would literally play the music and dance for hours (we would even put the songs in order and make up little musicals... novel idea...) until finally a couple years ago the 8-track stopped working. So I know every word to every song. Like I said, it's kind of pathetic. But the best part of this whole thing is that the movie comes out when my family is visiting from Nevada. So I get to go see this movie with all my crazy family members who love ABBA as much as I do. I can just see my gramma and I rocking out in the aisles during the movie. I'm not joking. Seriously it's gonna be insane.

2 comments:

beck said...

oh! I wanna come - i definitely do not know all the words like you do but I love going to movies with fun people and that movie looks so fun! I may even get up and dance with you guys!

or you can just tell me when you are going and i can sneak in and watch! haha

Ashalee said...

mamma mia = bliss.... loved it!!