Saturday, March 29, 2008

College Pizza Party

Tonight was an adventure. On a quickly decided whim, I went up to Salt Lake with Karly, Megan, Stephanie Abraham, and Karly's new friend Colette Covey for the BYU/Utah Gymnastics meet. After stopping at a Maverick for some amazing frozen yogurt, we met up with Eric Freckleton, a friend from DHS who goes to the U now. The meet was tons of fun. Maddie did good, not her best but good. We lost but that was expected. I was really shocked at how many people were there though. Over 15,000 people came to watch the meet! At BYU there are like on average 2,000. After the meet, Eric and Jared Golden took us to this awesome pizza place called The Pie and let me just tell you it was exactly what I imagined college life would be like. The place just had a totally "collegey" vibe to it. I swear, straight out of a movie. The pizza was so greasy but so amazing. I tucked away almost 4 pieces and I'm totally not a pizza person. Basically just a night of good food, good memories, great friends. It was honestly one of the funnest nights I have had this semester without the "Entourage." We sat around and talked/ate for maybe a couple hours and then decided to call it a night. I loved it. It's just funny that you can get to be such better friends with people after you graduate. I'm still trying to figure out why Eric Freckleton and I weren't best friends in high school.


Also, as a side note, after this night, I'm considering looking into the U for when I come back from my mission. Because seriously, it's like I always forget how much I love Salt Lake. It's like one of my favorite cities. I loved the feel of the campus while we were there, and the college part of town in general. I don't know, maybe the "seaweed is always greener in somebody else's lake" to quote my fave Disney movie. But it wouldn't hurt to look right?

No comments: