Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Boom! by Tom Brokaw

So I've been a complete and total nerdy bookworm my entire life (the Book Loft was my favorite place in St. George) and my latest treasure is this book above. It's written by one of my favorite journalists, Tom Brokaw. I love the Sixties, (the 20's and 60's are my favorite time periods in the 20th century) and the book is simply fascinating. He interviewed tons of people, both famous and ordinary, politicians, celebrities, civil rights leaders, soldiers, college students, and created this amazing profile of the decade. It's basically split into five sections - the Civil Rights Movement, Politics, the Vietnam War, Feminism/Gender Equality, and Music. I'm about half way through and I seriously recommend it to anyone interested in the 60's.

Other books I've read lately:
  • Obama: From Promise to Power by David Mendell
  • Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackery
  • The Witch of Portobello by Paulo Coelho
  • The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo
  • The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama
  • Atonement by Ian Mcewan


No comments: