Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Through the Rain

My poor blog has been feeling pretty rejected lately so I need to update really bad. Ha basically there's just been a whole lot of nothing going on. Like I'm busy but I don't know where my days go. It has been super busy though, because the semester is finally drawing to a close and it is FINALS time! Craziness right? I'm done with a semester of college. That is so insane to me. Here are some pictures of what I've been doing lately!Last weekend we went ice skating at Seven Peaks. So much fun! L-R: Brent, Brandall, McKenzie, Me, Chris, Jill, Abe, Erin.

All these pictures are from celebrating Erin's 19th birthday over this past weekend. It was great! Also, we started planning our guys' weekend to the STG after Christmas break. I'm really excited for the trip because it will give me a chance to show my friends my life and where I come from.

This has been such an amazing semester. I can't even begin to describe all the things I've learned, both academically and personally. I love knowing and having full confidence in the fact that I can live on my own. I am so grateful for the amazing friendships I have made in the past four months with people who I feel my life would truly be incomplete without. It is crazy how these people can feel like your family after such a short amount of time! At the same time, I'm also really happy that I've been able to keep in close contact with my friends from high school. Their constant support and love and motivation have kept me going through the rough patches and it has been so exciting to see our friendship progress into adulthood. I am eternally grateful for my family and their support because without them and the 2AM pep talks and dried tears, I never would have stayed here. I am so thankful for St. George. I've loved the STG for a long time now, but you never fully realize how wonderful a place is until you leave it. I feel like I've changed a lot of things about me that I wanted to, but have still stayed true to myself and who I am. Looking back on the past four months, they have been the biggest challenge, joy, triumph, and learning experience of my entire life thus far.

By the end of this week I will be back in the STG happy and warm and home for the holidays!

No comments: