Monday, November 26, 2007

Thankful for Family


Ok so I intended to make that last post all about Thanksgiving but it turned into this deep puddle of thoughts, so here is my Thanksgiving post! The holiday break was wonderful! I flew from Salt Lake City to Reno on Tuesday morning and my mom picked me up and drove us to Carson. It was so nice to finally be together with everyone. We had almost everyone at my graduation, but Nonni couldn't fly so this was the first time the WHOLE fam has been together since who knows when. Nothing too exciting happened - it was all just super relaxing and exactly what I needed. I miss my family. It's so hard to be away from them but I'm so grateful we are all so close. We are loud and crazy and blunt and we care about each other more than anyone on this earth. It's so comforting to know that I have this solid circle of people who I know will be there for me 500% through anything and everything. If I needed anything, any one of them would be on the first flight to wherever I was. I'm so blessed to have the family I do because a lot of people just don't seem to get how we are. Like that I've always seen Adrienne more as a sister than some distant cousin, or why I get so upset that Sheldon and Mason are growing up without me physically there watching every little step up, or that I talk to my Gramma almost every day and my mom literally about 10 times every day, or that when I have a huge problem or choice to make, I consult Mom, Dad, Adrienne, Gramma, Shelley, Sheri, Dave etc. like every single member of my fam. It's just the way I was raised, I guessed. And honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way. So that's what I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving. My amazing, wonderful, crazy family.

1 comment:

Taylor Jean said...

look glenn i'm commenting on your blog :) I'm such a good friend :) yay