Thursday, November 8, 2007

Brave

Don't you just love it when you find a song that is 100% your life at that very moment? I do! And I found a song like that this week. It's called Brave by Idina Menzel. Here are some of the lyrics:

I don't know just where I'm goin'
And tomorrow, it's a little overwhelming,
And the air is cold,
I'm not the same anymore.
If this is the moment I stand here on my own,
If this is my rite of passage that somehow leads me home,
I might be afraid but it's my turn to be brave.
If this is the last chance before we say goodbye,
At least it's the first day of the rest of my life,
I can't be afraid cuz it's my time to be brave.
And I might still cry and I might still bleed.
These thorns in my side, this heart on my sleeve
And lightning might strike this ground at my feet
And I might still crash but I still believe
This is the moment I stand here all alone
With everything I have inside, everything I own
I might be afraid but it's my turn to be brave
This is the last time before we say goodbye
At least it's the first day of the rest of my life
I can't be afraid. It's my time to be brave.
This is exactly how I feel with everything going on right now. It's my time to be brave. I have to give everything inside of me and it's okay to be afraid but I can do this. I can be brave.

1 comment:

Karly Staples said...

I LOVE IT! Where can I get it?