Sunday, October 21, 2007

A Lot of Happenings...

A lot has happened since my very recent last post. First off, after my parents dropped me off on Friday, a bunch of my friends from high school called me to tell me they were up here for the weekend. And we went to a couple haunted houses. I swear to you parts of the Haunted Forest were some of the most terrifying experiences of my life. Especially the evil clowns and the blowtorch wielding demon devil. Yeah, I'm a total baby when it comes to that stuff. Then yesterday I played around all day with my parents, cousin Troy, and my best friend Taylor who came up to visit! It was seriously the best, just what I needed. We shopped around at the mall (my dad bought me a suit!), ate lunch (Spaghetti Factory, my fav.), went bowling (Tay bowled a 27. I love her.), ate dinner (the first Bajio's I've had since moving...YUM!), and went to a movie (The Game Plan. Cute Disney...Dad said it was "highly manipulative haha). OH, and you will never believe this! We were walking out of the movie and guess who was signing posters for his new movie in the lobby? CHRIS HEIMERDINGER!!! For all you who haven't obsessively read his books since 3rd grade, he writes the Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites series. I got an autograph and almost peed my pants! Then my parents had to leave. I put on a brave face but I was really sad to see them go. I miss them so much. After that, Tay and I met Karly and some of her new friends at Fat Cats and watched them bowl. It was better than doing nothing for the rest of the night. Oh yeah, when we were done, we walked outside INTO A BLIZZARD. Ok not really but it was snowing really heavily and I wanted to shoot myself. I don't have boots. Or gloves. I am going t0 die. At church this morning, fully decked out in my new apparel, I hastily avoided the melting snow missles plummeting from the trees. I swear they were specifically aiming for me and my new clothes. Walked into sacrament and guess who is speaking...Elder Tingey, senior president of the Seventy. Yeah. Wow. Welcome to BYU. He was actually there because he is Brent and Kendall's grandpa and Brent got ordained as an Elder today. So yeah, a ton has happened in the past couple of days, and this is really long but no one reads my blog anyways so it doesn't really matter.

1 comment:

Karly Staples said...

Im glad Im "better than just sitting there" thank you