Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I Wish I was a Balla'...

Tonight was seriously so much fun! Which is great because I really need some fun these days. The first thing I did tonight was go to Abe, Brent and Chris's intramural basketball game. They got totally worked. It was actually quite sad. But that's what happens when you're all freshman and your tallest player is only 5'11''. Ha I love my friends. One good news item was that I wasn't the only one who came to their game tonight.There were also 3 girls from our ward cheering the ABC Boys to bitter defeat: Ashley Garrett, Sarah Erickson (Abe's new...something), and Lindsay Oaks. Now I know I shouldn't be dishing on my friends' love lives but the Abe/Sarah thing is pretty interesting. Ha I'm such a gossip. I hope he doesn't read this because I'm pretty sure he would try to kill me. Anyways, after watching them get totally worked, (and subsequently getting interrogated by the girls on the sidelines - I didn't spill a single word), Chris left to go to a haunted house and the rest of us went back to the girls' apartment to watch the Jazz game. The Jazz won by like 20. Abe was very happy. And then the 6 of us, now joined by Ashley Alessi (another roommate), so 7 of us went out to play some basketball of our own. This basketball game was very important because it was practice for our tournament. The tournament needs some explanation. About a week ago, Abe, Brent and I happened to be down in the basement with Ashley, Ashley and Sarah, and decided to play a little 2-on-2 ping pong. Ashley Garrett and I won every game. We were basically amazing. So, we decided to start a 2-on-2 tournament doing a bunch of different stuff. Kind of like the Olympics but way more fun. Next up is basketball, which is why we were practicing. And my team will most likely lose the b-ball games to Brent and Sarah, but we already have ping pong under our belts, and since we won that event, at this moment in time Ashley and I are in 1st place. Go us! Anyways, we played 3 on 4 for literally two hours until it was almost one in the morning. Until some ducmb girl told us that the court actually closes at 10, so we technically shouldn't have been playing at all. But if they don't want people playing on the court, they should light up the sign or something because none of us saw it. It was seriously so much fun. Just what I needed. I love my friends. I'm more and more grateful for them every day.

1 comment:

Taylor Jean said...

I really wanna see you play ping pong cause I really don't beleive that your good. :) love you haha