Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
4 Place's I've Lived
1. 38 Felt, Provo
2. Belmont House in STG
3. Murphy House in CTown
4. La Mirada House in CTown (my fav!)
4 Jobs I've Had
1. Tuacahn Ticket Agent
2. Seymour in Little Shop at Tuacahn (More work than any job)
3. I worked in a retirement community for like a day...
4. Full time BYU Cougar. It counts.
4 Favorite Desserts
1. Molten Chocolate Cake at Chili's. Ask Katie.
2. Orange Balls at Christmas
3. Cream Cheese Brownies
4. Golden Spoon
4 Favorite TV Shows (this is hard)
1. One Tree Hill
2. Grey's Anatomy
3. Gilmore Girls
4 Interesting Facts about Me
1. I was 10 weeks early, 1 lb. 10 oz. when I was born.
2. I was a dancer in High School Musical 2. Really.
3. I brought more clothes to BYU than most girls.
4. New music Tuesdays are my favorite day of the week.
4 People I'm tagging.
1. I don't know
2. 4 people with blogs
3. who haven't already been
Monday, October 29, 2007
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
1. If you live in the dorms, you never go to bed before midnight. Ever.
2. Some people's lives actually revolve around the game World of Warcraft.
2.5 You don't have to like your roommates, you just have to live with them.
3. You aren't required to be social in college.
4. However, you're still required to make new friends. Yeah...
5. Actually making friends isn't as hard as I worried it would be. At least 3 of them.
6. It only takes a couple months for your new friends to feel like best friends.
7. English teachers don't get any nicer after high school.
8. When in college, you don't have a TV. So you resort to watching TV online.
9. Except I don't have time for TV because I am always studying or doing homework.
10. You never have money. And suddenly $30 a week is alot. Did I really just say that?
11. Snow is evil. I want to live in an air-controlled, weatherless bubble for the rest of my life.
12. I really, really miss every thing about St. George that I said I hated. Except the curfew.
13. Actually, a curfew is a really good thing.
14. Because I am always seriously sleep deprived. Seriously.
15. Melting down because of homesickness at 2 in the morning is totally normal. For me.
16. I talk to my mom on the phone at least 12 times a day. And my gramma. Really.
17. I want to be a surgeon. I hate English. And Communications.
18. One of my best friend's middle names is L'asambakasenda. Straight out of Africa. Well, technically Canada.
19. I'm not the only one who sleeps with a stuffed animal. I think.
20. No one here has to know I sing. Reputations don't proceed you.
21. Doing stuff in Provo is just a way to pass the time in between the weekends I get to go home.
22. You finally realize how grateful you should have been for your best friends in high school.
23. Facebook is the bomb.
24. My day gets a whole lot better when I find free food.
25. I am not even remotely like 95% of the people living in my building.
26. You constantly want to rip out the vocal chords of every music major in your building who tries to show off. Or maybe that's just me.
27. I can love basketball without having to actually play it.
28. Chappelle's Show and Family Guy are actually kind of funny. I'm still not sold on Seinfeld.
29. Walking everywhere sucks. I really miss my car.
30. This whole starting over thing is kind of great.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Monday, October 22, 2007
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Friday, October 19, 2007
The rest of the day was total fun with Mom and Dad. Love them. I took them on a very magical tour of campus, showed them all my favorite places while conveniently avoiding the Stairs of Death down to lower campus. We also shopped for groceries, a snow jacket (love it), got me a much needed haircut, and went to lunch and dinner. For dinner my dad let me pick - I think this was the first time in the history of the universe - and had to consult the OnStar lady to help us find a decent Indian restaurant. Which is how we ended up at Swagat on 700 West, my new favorite place. Let me tell you we tried chicken curry, lamb biryani (my fav.), chicken biryani, rose and mango lassi(s)?, roti, and parata. We never did get our garlic naan, but the dinner was amazing. Indian food is the newest addition to my favorite foods list.
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Also, The Ringer is a freakin' hilarious movie. It's like I felt really bad for laughing throughout the entire thing, but it was just so funny!! And I don't think I could have really watched it with anyone else on campus and felt comfortable laughing so hard.
And, I'm so so so excited for Friday because my parents will be here and everything will be better!
And I'm just as excited for Sunday because Taylor will be here and I miss my best friend and everything will be perfect, and then I can hopefully be feeling better about this place and staying here.
Oh and it's raining again. Surprise. And thundering. I am deathly afraid of thunder.
Monday, October 15, 2007
I Will Follow You Into the Dark - Death Cab for Cutie
The Heart of the Matter - India.Arie
Car Crash - Matt Nathanson
Scratch - Kendall Payne
Again and Again - Jewel
Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley
Non-Believer - La Rocca
Only Fooling Myself - Kate Voegele
Dreaming With a Broken Heart - John Mayer
Speeding Cars - Imogen Heap
Rangers - A Fine Frenzy
I Don't Wanna Be Right - Chris Bryan
El Greco - Paula Cole
I Shall Believe - Sheryl Crow
Lie In The Sound - Trespassers William
It's My Mistake - Michelle Featherstone
Still Fighting It - Ben Folds
simple man - Amy Jo Johnson
Umbrella - Marie Digby
Saturday, October 13, 2007
And I found a copy of F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Beautiful and Damned today. This is great news because it's literally the only Fitz I don't own and could never find it at any bookstore in St. George. The BYU bookstore is amazing. It has everything. Which is good because bookstores are quite possibly my favorite places on Earth.
Also, I am addicted to the creamery's chocolate milk. To die for. Thank you Karly for showing me the light.
Friday, October 12, 2007
So this week, I really find myself wanting to do MDT. I don't know why. Maybe it's just because I was trying to mentally find the strength to walk away from it. I don't really know the reason. All I know is that this week I really want to do it. What I hate is that my feelings towards MDT are constantly changing. It's like a game of ping pong. One second it's how I honestly want to spend the rest of my life and the next second I'm disregarding the previous feeling and ready to walk away from it forever. I feel very torn. But I really need to decide because if I want to do it I need to start preparing my audition. In the end, I think it really comes down to following my head or following my heart. But which one is the right path to follow?
Thursday, October 11, 2007
My mom got a mac. Yeah. EXACTLY. I would actually use all the features on a mac. And i'm pretty sure my laptop is going to explode and die any day now. Ok maybe that's a bit of an overexaggeration but the huge crack in the screen can't be a good sign and it just gets bigger every day. It now reaches all the way across the screen. And I can't take my laptop to classes because the computer people told me it wouldnt be safe and it won't get as hurt if i just leave it at home. But how does that help me in class? I swear that was the entire point of me bringing a laptop to college. And a built in camera would be really nice because then I wouldnt have to scrounge up money I don't have for a webcam to talk to my parents on skype. And I would also be able to ichat with my best friends who are spread out by hundreds of miles because of graduation. That would be nice. Not that I'm jealous. So basically now my dad, mom, and adrienne all have macs. Cami, chelsea, karly, and taylor all have macs and i'm pretty sure trent will spring for one pretty soon. and as far as i can see, most of the BYU student population has a mac. Basically I just really want a mac. Don't get me wrong, I am really grateful I have my laptop. I'm just scared it is going to go to sleep one night and never wake up again. And I would lose all my music, pictures, documents, and basically my entire life. And macs are really wonderful. Case in point being that my wonderful, loving dad who I really love so much has been willing to get a brand new one for every other adult family member living in my house. Maybe I'll just have to waste all my imaginary, but soon to be real because I'm getting a job, money to buy one for myself. Yay for being an independent adult. Please pull through Santa.
Monday, October 8, 2007
Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other's gold.
In sharp contrast, welcome to my "new" friends (accidentally minus Kendall):
Anyways, there is a definite difference. But it's always good to know that I can always depend on my 5 best friends from high school no matter where we all are. On the other hand, I'm starting to realize that I can depend on my new friends as well. So life is good, whether I'm quickly getting to know you or you know everything about me, I love my friends.
Me and Grams, my best friend in the whole wide world! Along with being my personal best friend, she is also the best gramma in the world. So I kinda feel bad for the rest of the world because their grammas are simply not as wonderful and amazing as mine! I'm pretty dang lucky!
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
Oh yeah, and my hood can totally zip up all the way!! Crazy, huh?