Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Prophet's Visit

Today was definitely a journal-writing day. President Gordon B. Hinckley came to BYU and spoke at our devotional. How cool! Where else on this planet would that even be remotely possible, ya know? Anyways, I went with Abe, Brent, Andy and Kendall (Chris had work.) They got there about an hour early and we still got seats like 5 or 6 rows from the top of the Marriott Center! It was packed (obviously). But at least we were facing the podium...my roommates could only find seats on the side with President Hinckley's back to them. I'm just glad the guys saved me a seat. President Hinckley gave this really great talk about the 13th Article of Faith. It was so cool, and even though he went to the U, he talked a lot about how great BYU is and what a blessing it is for us to be able to go here. I finally realized that that is so true. For all its cheesiness and overkill, BYU is an amazing place, and for right now it's exactly where I should be.

No comments: